Affectionately called central by the local residents, Central Otago is New Zealand's most inland region, located on the South Island, many businesses need and rely on a website presence and Items has worked with many companies looking for Web design Central Otago.
Suggested Activities and Attractions Web Design Central Otago:
Three Great Rides
Central Otago produces 3 of the best trails in New Zealand. These include the Roxburgh George trail, which you can also traverse with a jet boat ride. The Clutha Gold trail which segments through the mighty Clutha-Mata-au river for the entirety of its journey.
Central Otago Wines – Wine businesses web design Central Otago
You can indulge yourself in the luxury and premium wineries or cellar doors of Cromwell and Alexandra basins, the wine is some of the best in the country with international and local visitors visiting frequently.
From one of New Zealand's most spectacular inland regions comes the finest produce of New Zealand wine in the country. Many local businesses rely on Wine Web Design in New Zealand to inform local and international customers of their products and services in the central Otago region.
The reason the area is so popular with wineries is the harsh climates, sun drenched valleys and unique soil formula's. When you combine these factors it produces a unique taste like none other in the world. You can taste a variety of reds, Pinot Noir's and whites from which the experience will be memorable.
Must Taste Foods & Wines
- Apricots – A unique taste to central Otago
- Theme Honey – Strong pungent flavors an unmistakable and perfect flavour
- Cherries – Deep red cherries where every mouthful is filled with pure indulgence
- Pinot Noir – Full bodied flavour of the central Otago Region
Some of the best wine experiences can be explored in the Cromwell basin which you can visit some local wineries in Bannockburn in the south and Lowburn and Bendigo in the north.
When you visit the area you will be spoilt with choice when it comes to sampling local wines, restaurants, cellar doors and country pubs. There is something available for everyone who has a taste for travel and adventure.
Cycle trails – Cycling businesses with Web Design Central Otago
Central Otago has some amazing trails you can travel at your own pace. It doesn't matter if your are looking for high energy downhill racing or an easy pedal country tour, the region provides a wide range of options you can choose from.
Within the central Otago are there are three main trails to explore.
- The Otago Central Rail Trail – One of New Zealand's most famous trails, also referred to the original great ride is an incredible cycling option to explore. The tour is open all year round and the view are spectacular during any season of the year. The trail is actually 150km long which may be for a more seasoned cycler, this journey will take you on an expedition of discovery. It is suitable for all cyclists and walkers with no steep hills it can be suited well for families.
- The Roxburgh Gorge – Enter an alternate world by visiting the trail between Alexandra and Lake Roxburgh Village. You may be suddenly surprised by the apparent transition between and urban village to a remote inspiring landscape scenery on this 34km trail. There is also an added bonus of a boat ride in the middle section if you are feeling adventurous.
- Clutha Gold Trail – Is a journey of discovery with panoramic views. From Lake Rouxburgh it travels alongside the Clutha Mata-au river then down into the Beaumont Gorge. From this path you can explore the contoured farmlands and beautiful gold mining town of Lawrence.
Arts and Crafts – Art and crafts eCommerce with Web Design Central Otago
You can discover unexpected local artists and paintings from various studio's and art galleries. Central Otago is a place there the local nature and powerful elements meld together to produce inspiration for local artists. Works of art are displayed in local studio's, art galleries, wineries and other hidden places. Local art business reply on web design in Central Otago to sell products online through eCommerce and provide a platform for interested customers to contact them for work and information.
Central Otago's Art's trail gives you the unique chance to meet these local artists in their private studio's and galleries.
Events in central Otago – Events in Central Otago
Central Otago has events that are unique to the area, with a wide variety and options to choose from. Many local businesses and communities rely on a web events calendar for local and international visitors. This allows real time updates for web visitors and is a vital part of web design in central Otago for local businesses.
We have created a list of some of the local events for the Central Otago in each month:
Wine and Food Festival – January
Enjoy wines from the Cromwell region, spectacular food and unique local music. This is all set amongst the historic stone buildings on the edge of Lake Dunstan.
Ranfurly Art Deco – February
A weekend of celebration of the unique Art Deco heritage including cabaret, street festival and spectacular street parades.
Goldrush Multi sport Events – March
An experience like no other, two days of kayaking, mountain biking and running to swim in the Central Otago regions back scenic country. Another options if the goldfields Cavalcade, a golden adventure for horse riders, who can trek through the high hills and country side of the Central Otago regions.
Clyde Wine and Food Festival – Easter
With product from the worlds most southern wine yards, it is one of Central Otago's biggest celebrations.
Brass Monkey Rally – June
New Zealand's best know motorcycle rally with motorcycle enthusiasts gathering to celebrate motorbikes and riding together while exploring the scenic area of the Central Otago region.
Cromwell Summer Series – October through to December
This is a large series of sporting events including sports such as road cycling, mountain biking and running marathons held over the summer period.
Alexandra Thyme Festival – November
This is an event which runs for around 1 week which celebrates the local arts, sustainability and provides a selection of workshops for interested patrons. Alongside of this the festival provides artist performances and up and close interactions with local community initiatives.